Marriage. A baby. A new home. Retirement.
Life changes… so do your life insurance needs.At Strategic Investment Planning, we’re there for you at every stage of your life. We offer a wide range of Canadian life insurance products to protect you and the people you care about.
You can live today, confident knowing that, in the event of your death, your life insurance policy will pay a tax-free benefit to:
- payoff a mortgage and debts
- provide an income for your loved ones
- pay for final expenses
- donate to a favourite cause
Life insurance for living: Insurance is so much more than a death benefit. Many of our plans offer benefits to protect you, during your lifetime. You’ll benefit from:
- tax sheltered savings (Universal Life Insurance)
- confidence knowing you’ll be covered in the event of a Critical Illness
- peace of mind knowing Long Term Care costs will be taken care of
Plan your life insurance today… because, the brightest future is the one you planned for.
Term insurance can provide a specific amount of protection for as long as you want to keep it.
Term Life insurance provides a fixed amount of insurance for a specific period of time, with set premiums determined at the time of your purchase. (e.g. $100,000 of coverage for a 10 year period to age 70) This enables you to plan your insurance costs for each year of the term – regardless of any changes to your age or health.
Term insurance is a great choice for:
- Families starting out with a new or existing mortgage
- Small and medium business owners who need to cover overhead and start-up costs
- Business owners with key employees and complex business arrangements
- Individuals focused on affordable coverage with future flexibility
Whole Life Insurance
Whole life insurance can provide affordable coverage with no change in cost, and with guarantees to help along the way
Whole life coverage is intended to remain in effect for your lifetime. In addition to the permanent insurance coverage, a whole life policy also includes a savings component.
Over a period of time the policy’s savings component will result in the accumulation of a cash value to the policy (referred to as a cash surrender value).
Universal Life Insurance
Universal life insurance can provide flexibility to fit your entire insurance plan and immediate tax sheltering of savings and investments into one policy.
Universal life insurance provides permanent life insurance protection with a tax-advantaged investment component for the more confident investor in you.
As your cash value builds, you can use it to pay off the cost of your insurance. Universal life insurance helps to protect your assets and increase your overall wealth.
Universal life insurance is a great choice for:
- Any individual at all life stages
- Entire family asset and estate protection needs
- Savvy investors who want personal investment control
- Key person coverage and buy-sell agreements
Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance is a form of health insurance protection that provides a lump sum benefit to you should you survive a serious illness or condition covered by your policy.
Illnesses such as Cancer, Heart Attack or Stroke can have an impact on you, your family or business on an emotional and financial level. Critical illness coverage by Empire Life provides a lump sum of cash, tax-free, to help you with the financial means to continue treatment, find the right treatment and protect your financial assets at the same time.
Other benefits include options to get some or all of your money back should you never make a claim and medical assistance services to help you through difficult times.
Critical illness insurance is a great choice for:
- Hard-working individuals worried about future health problems
- Businesses that cannot afford to lose key employees due to an illness
- High net worth clients looking to protect their retirement plans
- Anyone wanting to protect their lifestyle
Long Term Care Insurance
As the population ages, more and more people require expensive long-term care. Canadian want the peace of mind knowing that they will be able to afford the care they need without burdening their families with the costs. Long-term care insurance provides a benefit that helps cover the cost of nursing home fees or attendant care fees. Most plans generally pay a stated daily or weekly benefit once it is determined that the insured is no longer able to adequately care for themself.